It’s not uncommon to have trouble driving traffic to your website. 63% of content professionals struggle to find enough skilled workers in content strategy, one of the key drivers of website traffic, according to content marketing institute research done in 2020.
As you work on your blog posts, post on social media, and plan your email campaign, it can be difficult to determine which of your efforts are best driving traffic to your website.
Following are a number of tactics you can use to increase traffic to your website, generate more leads, and improve your ROI.
1. Email Marketing
The best way to drive traffic to your website is to use your existing readers and customers. Your followers and subscribers can be notified when you post a new blog or content offer. It is important to have repeat visitors for traffic goals, conversions, and lead generation on content-heavy websites.
Start by building an email list or growing your existing list. You can use the following strategies:
- Promote content that requires visitors to provide their email address in order to access it. Include a call-to-action on your website for content offers.
- Sign-up forms on your website: Include sign-up forms on your website, from your homepage to your about page. Visitors might consider signing up for a newsletter if they enjoyed their visit to your site.
- Social media: By sending out an email newsletter through social media, whether through a post, contest, or giveaway, you will be able to convert your followers into subscribers.
2. Digital Paid Ads
A paid marketing campaign is an effective way to attract potential customers quickly. Instead of waiting for consumers to discover you organically, paid marketing allows you to target audiences specifically.
Paid marketing is typically shown on search engine results pages (SERPs) and social media channels. In paid marketing campaigns, you choose a channel for the campaign, such as Google AdWords or Facebook, and define the target customer by taking into account location, search terms, interests, demographics, and previously visited pages. Pay-per-click marketing means you only pay for clicks, so both types of paid marketing fall into this category. An ad usually runs until the budget is exhausted.
The return on investment (ROI) of paid marketing for many businesses is one of the highest.
3. Content Marketing & Blogging
It aims to attract the right people to your business by creating content that attracts them.
Content creation is one of the best ways to accomplish this. First you must understand the buyer personas you are targeting before you can create content that will attract the right visitors. Your target audience. You can create content that will naturally attract your website’s audience once you know who they are.
How do you write a good blog post that will attract the right audience? You need to follow these five steps:
- Identify your buyer persona: Find out more about your target market. Understand everything from job title to pain points.
- Conduct SEO research: Learn what your audience is searching for on search engines so you can provide the best content.
- Write a draft: Begin by drafting a post that answers your audience’s questions. Use interesting angles to make your post stand out.
- Publish: Publish your post on your blog site. Use SEO tools to optimize your content.
- Promote: Promote your blog post on social media and email newsletters to generate traffic. The more traffic your post generates, the higher it will rank in search engines.